Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

The sketchbook challenge will resume, but have taken a break to finish some other projects.

Improving my Chest

I purchased this chest from Craigslist last summer. The seller claimed it was "very old," though the fabric clearly dated it as mid-1970's.
Here it is after being stripped, sanded and refinished in a warm pecan stain. It's end destination is my campus apartment.
......................................................................................................................................................................

Home is Where the Heart Is

This is what my garage wall looked like. Dark and ugly. Sure, it is only a garage, but nearly everyone enters the house through this door. One of my summer projects was to do something to make the entry more appealing.

First the wall was primed. Then I wallpapered old road maps in a random pattern. My favorite places are featured; Ohio, North Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Maine, and Hawaii. Pittsburgh is behind the door. 

I have run out of maps, but will take donations to complete my wall. 

......................................................................................................................................................................

Working in my Pajamas

I made this cute nighty from a sheet I bought for $1 at the thrift store. The pattern is a lengthened western-peasant shirt, vintage 1980s, from my stash.

......................................................................................................................................................................

The Great Outdoors

Now that my foot is just about healed, I have been doing a lot of hiking in Plum Creek and Whipp's Ledges with Trixie.

My new-to-me bike, Nelly, for cruising around town & campus.


My lungs have been getting a work-out on my flute. Wallace and I will be playing our first gig in August at the wedding of the beautiful Raichel H.

Only a couple more weeks until school starts again... still time for more fun and games!



No comments:

Post a Comment